Vietspices Search

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mứt Vỏ Bưởi Bọc Chocolate (Candied Grapefruit Peels Dipped in Chocolate)

 
My older daughter insisted   that the candied orange peels  should be deeped in chocolate but I didn't have any chocolate chips in my pantry.  By the time she reminded me, all the candied orange peels were gone.  As you may have guessed she wasn't very happy.  So I made a trip to the grocery store and bought a grapefruit and chocolate chips to make Candied Grapefruit Peels Dipped in Chocolate for her instead.


I really like how the grapefruit peels look. It has a great brilliant yellow; its texture fine and somewhat gritty at the same time; its zesty citrus taste is refreshing.  And once covered with syrup and coated in superfine sugar, they're irresistable. 

My daughters and I had so much fun drizzling and dipping chocolate on each of the grapefruit peel.  We decorated these candied grapefruit peels with the frosted cranberries that we made last night.  This ensemble is almost too beautiful, but I couldn't resist . . . yum. 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free slideshow

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family! Hope your youngest daughter have a super birthday celebration today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anh. Ân-Hy my youngest daughter had her bday party yesterday. It was so much fun preparing food and decorating her birthday. The kids had great time. I will post some pixs on my next post.

    ReplyDelete